Saturday 2 January 2016

Filming session 2

This sessions was planned to be filmed at a friends house however, we had to change this plan to due the lack of availability. Tavonga has been very busy with his music studies and we thought it would be unfair to make him wait until the house was available before we began filming with him. Instead, we changed the plan and filmed the scenes in my kitchen. Together, we filmed various scenes and I mainly took lead as director as it was my kitchen and so I knew the best areas to film and camera shots to get as this is my role within the group.
As Eboni, was acting in the video, myself and Beth tended to take charge of filming as seen here, We worked chronologically with the filming whilst achieving lots of different sorts of shots. Some shots were handheld as seen in this shot so that we could achieve, zooms however, without the control of the tripod, we filmed this several times to make sure that the footage looked steady. 

We were rushed slightly during the filming as people including Tavonga, need to be home and so we didn't ensure that every shot was perfect, we just filmed each scene various times to make sure that eventually we would get the correct one. After checking over the footage, all scenes look very professional and pleasing to our needs for the video. 

I then took over filming to capture some of the more obscure shots which we have used to challenge conventions of the typical camera shots used in RnB videos. I set up my camera and stood it up on the floor to achieve a ground shot. I used my phone for this scene so that I could take a slow motion video of a glass smashing on the floor whilst the phone stood up on its side to get the correct angle for filming. This camera was the second perspective of the scene as I had previously filmed the scene where it seems that Eboni is throwing a glass across the kitchen. She only threw the glass however, in the second scene which we captured however, we have made it look as if she throws it both time so that the video is in context and looks very real. Below I am performing the ground shot (right) and (left) is the outcome of what I was filming.


This session was very successful as we filmed more scenes which included both Tavonga and Eboni in argument in the main of our video. Our most original shot when we put the iPad in a cupboard so that we could see Eboni, reaching to get glasses out of the cupboard as she returns from work. This added variety to our shot types whilst we made use of the technology that we had in the use of slow motion video which will look very effective in the final piece. We will now only need 1/2 more filming sessions to capture all of the footage.



No comments:

Post a Comment