Thursday 7 January 2016

Artist title font ideas








After picking a font for the album title, I have now researched my ideal fonts for the name of the artist. I searched for some popular RnB album covers and found that they commonly use block capitals for the name of the artist. This idea is to help the name stand out as this is one of the first things that an audience will look for in a shop. An example is R Kelly with his album for 'Double Up'. The text is printed in all block capitals and he has added his own sparkle light effect to make consistency as we can see him wearing lots of flashy jewellery and clothing on the key image. The size and colour of the text is easily recognisable and has lots of clarity to do it's job effectively. I would like to achieve the same outcome from the text that I will create on the album.


I have found some fonts that I like and have used Ne-Yo as an example. Each text is printed in block capitals and would look effective and easily noticeable on the front of my digipak. In terms of colour, I would choose when where I can make the text contrast with a background in order to make it as clear as possible. I will firstly choose the picture that I want for the background of the cover and then carefully select which of these texts I would like to print over the key image of Tavonga.

This is me researching the different fonts
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment