Wednesday 6 January 2016

Exploration of image

As mentioned previously, I want to represent Tavonga as a very cool, powerful artist in all 3 pieces of text that I am creating. In the video, he is consistently dressed in smart casual clothing which symbolises class as well as quality in costume and so this needs to be shown in the Digipak and magazine advert too for consistency.

For the Digipak but particularly the magazine advert, it is important to think about the way that Tavonga is presented as I will be using him as the key image in both pieces. During my research of magazine covers, I came across a certain image of Tinie Tempah
which I would be keen to attempt to replicate with Tavonga for
either my Digipak or Magazine cover. I have a pair of sunglasses that Tavonga can use so that it is clear he is embracing modern fashion accessories whilst he has the same or similar clothing to those that he used in the music video. I also like the way that he looks away from the camera as Drake did in my previous post as it makes the artist seem in control and powerful as if the camera has been taken whilst he is doing what he does best; singing and performing. I do not want to show too much of Tavonga as I need room to include text of his name, the album that it is promoting as well as extra information such as dates and promotional information and so nothing more than a mid shot will be used. I may still choose to establish the setting around him as the lighting is very useful as it will create a spotlight effect.

Tinie Tempah is predominantly a Rapper in the music industry but   one of his sub genres is RnB and he has featured in these videos       before. It will therefore be legitimate to use him as inspiration for     my ancillary tasks. I have seen a similar pose from a pure RnB         artist Chris Brown anyway on his album cover for 'Fortune'. He too wears glasses and is facing away from the camera whilst looking     very smart and powerful at the same time. This conveys the idea       that he is successful within the industry and is happy to showcase     his talent and belief in himself that people will enjoy the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment