Monday 4 January 2016

RnB Magazine advert research- Example 1

For my second ancillary task, I will be creating a magazine advert that features my artist Tavonga on the cover. I have recently researched some magazine adverts for current RnB artists to see what ideas are commonly featured on their magazines. I have firstly looked at Chris Brown, 

Here, Chris Brown features on the front of prestige magazine however, this is different to my advert as I won't need to name the magazine as the advert will be inside. I have noticed however, that Chris Brown maintains his smart and classy rapper as a music producer and artist. Besides the magazine title, his name is the second largest piece of text and it is printed in block capitals to express his importance and this is something that I would like to incorporate into my magazine advert. He is the key image on the page which I will also aim to achieve whilst his clothing is not something that he would wear in a video. I would like to challenge this convention however, so that Tavonga looks similar to dresses in my music video so that an audience will easily be able to recognise him through his appearance and clothing when reading the magazine. Chris Brown here wears accessories such as gloves and a flat cap. Tavonga is a younger artist and so I would like to focus on earlier ideas of fashion that relate to the RnB industry such as sunglasses and mayble a gold chain or a cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment