Tuesday 5 January 2016

RnB Magazine advert research- Example 2

This is my second example of a magazine advert research which I am analysing for inspiration to create my own. I have looked at a second male RnB artist to see if he features any different ideas on the magazine cover. This is Drake

I personally prefer this magazine advert as it is not for the cover and so it is more useful for the advert that I will be creating. I firstly notice the key of image of Drake himself which I will be sure to include on my magazine advert with Tavonga. The audience are instantly attracted to this and notice it early which is vital to sell the advert and it's features. He is standing very confidently but not looking at the camera which portrays his class as if he is posing by looking elsewhere. This is a feature that I would also like to take into my own magazine advert to give Tavonga power and respect that he is so talented, he doesn't need to stare directly into the camera. Drake is wearing smart casual clothing however, I do not recognise the clothes from a video and so I would prefer to challenge this convention and dress Tavonga in similar clothes to what we show in the video so that he will be more recognisable in this type of video. The text is in block capitals and is clear in contrast to the background so which signifies his power and fame. His head however, covers some of this text which suggests that his image ins more important than his name which is a major key to his success. The name of his record label is also evident in the small print at the bottom however, the difference between this advert and mine is that mine will advertise the CD as opposed to a tour as Drake has done here. This advert has however, given me lots of inspiration to create my own magazine advert.


No comments:

Post a Comment