Tuesday 22 September 2015

Task Choice

Of the 15 briefs that were proposed to the group, we were advised to pick from one of the 4 tasks that would be most appropriate. These were: a music video, a film trailer, a children's TV drama or a short soap opera. My instinctive choice was the music video as I felt that it was a little different from last years title sequence that I creative and that it was an opportunity to try another type of task that is still realistic to be able to create. In media lessons we have learnt a little more about the film trailer option and the music video option where we looked at and analysed some existing products. The music video stood out here as I believe it will allow myself and the others to be a little more creative with a different task in comparison to the one that we created last year in AS Media. To ensure that we would choose this option, Beth, Eboni and I made a SWOT analysis of (Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) of the 4 recommended products to see which brief would be the most realistic and enjoyable to create. The music video had the least threats and provided us with the most opportunities to create a successful piece and so was the most likely brief.



As a group, the decision to choose the music video as our main task was unanimous as we were all keen on choosing something a little different in terms of the music video and the opportunities that we would have within it. During GCSE Media, I had the chance to create my own band which included a website, an album cover and a tour poster which I can effectively relate to the task that we have chosen this year. From this experience, I already understand the conventions of a typical album cover however, I need to expand on this knowledge as our ancillary task is a digipak which includes all aspects of the album and not just the outside covers. I have an idea of locations that we could use for the digipak and the poster from my GCSE work and so I will be able to share these ideas when we come together and discuss the pre production work. I have never however, created a music video and therefore I will need to look into the conventions of these much more so that our final piece can look professional and of good quality with our edge to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment