Sunday 27 December 2015

Props used in our video

The 2 main props used in our music video are a red rose and a clear glass and so because this was my role in the group I had to ensure that these were available for use. I firstly when into Manchester and bought 3 glasses as I thought that if we did not catch the smashing on the glass on the film then we had spares as back up to film it again. It turned out that this was not the case but we had the extras as insurance anyway. This part was successful and the smashing of the glass looks very effective as part of the video as I filmed it in slow motion as it hit the floor. This is a unique feature of our video.


The other prop that I have used is a red rose which I have previously mentioned will be used as a motif that runs through the video as a symbol of the love that the artist and actor once had. The whole group went out to buy this however, there were none in stock at the time. Instead, we knew a contact that was willing to let us borrow one and so we went round and picked it up. This was very helpful as we went away and filmed all of the scenes that the rose was needed in so that we could give it back as soon as possible. We also filmed the rose in slow motion to show this motif style as the colour is very vibrant and meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment